Just think what could be possible if people focused on:
• Opportunities rather than problems
• Strengths more than weaknesses
• What can be done instead of what can’t
Within their material, I see the phrase:
Make Seismic Differences
It seems uncanny that I happen to be reading Seismic Shifts by Kevin Harney. The theme of this book? The little changes that make a BIG difference in your life.
I’d like to make two points:
1. This is not just “think positive” teachings. See Kathryn Cramer’s interview on Tom Peters’ website for proof of that.
People always ask me, “Is this like the glass is half empty or half full?” I am struck by that question because it’s not about whether we see the glass as half empty or half full. The real question is what assets are in the water and how can I use them to reach my goals?
2. I’m really trying to digest the idea of small shifts leading to big change.
“Beware of the tyranny of making Small Changes to Small Things. Rather, make Big Changes to Big Things.” —Roger Enrico, former Chairman, PepsiCo
I think that is a great subject for discussion. Thoughts?