My friend Jason, who is a web developer, asked the question
Is there any value in “brochure” type web sites?
Not much, I think. Here’s why:
My philosophy is that “Mom and Pops” are better served by following a permission marketing approach with websites.
1. How can I create content people will COME BACK to read?
time-sensitive, changes often, relevant, anticipated
2. If I want to do #1, how do I manage it?
content management system, allocate employee time
3. If I’m creating content, how can I best leverage it?
blog, email newsletter, printed newsletter, op-ed piece
4. Can I send email coupons that customers can abuse without it hurting me?
(because they will take advantage)
5. Can I create offers they will relay to their friends?
forward to a friend link, create value